We are proud of our unique Clinical Informatics Fellowship program that provides the option of two tracks:
- (1) Applied Clinical Informatics Track (2-year). Open to all fellowship candidates that are ABMS board certified or board eligible (coming from any clinical specialties and not limited to pathology) before the July 1 fellowship start date.
- (2) Blended Pathology Informatics Track (1+1 year). For Pathologists only. Combines an informatics fellowship and an additional pathology fellowship in a 2-year window.
Applied Clinical Informatics Track
All fellowship candidates must be ABMS board certified or board eligible before the July 1, 2021 fellowship start date. This generally means that fellows will have completed a residency in the US or Canada. We regret that we cannot accept applications from candidates who do not meet this criterion.
Please submit the following items by email only
- Common Application form
- CV-be sure to include awards, honors, and publications. List research, work, volunteer, leadership roles and significant informatics experiences with dates (month and year) and nature of your involvement.
- Personal statement, including career plans (limit to one-page) – in drafting your personal statement, please consider:
- What parts of clinical informatics interest you and why? How do you hope to use clinical informatics to influence health?
- Describe a potential scholarly project you might complete during fellowship
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Please have the following items sent directly from the recommender by email or fax
- Three letters of recommendation (one from current residency director or department chairperson)
Please have the following items sent directly from the institution by mail
- Official transcript of USMLE results
- Official medical school transcript(s)
Candidates accepted to the Partners Clinical Informatics & Innovation Fellowship must apply separately to the Harvard School of Public Health Masters in Public Health program OR Harvard Department of Biomedical Informatics Master of Biomedical Informatics (MBI) program .
- Application deadline: October 31, 2020
- Interviews: November 1, 2020 – December 1, 2020
- Notification date: December 12, 2020 (note: we are not participating in the ERAS match)
Please submit application materials to the following
Adam Landman, MD, MS, MIS, MHS
Associate Program Director, Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program
75 Francis Street, Hospital Administration
Boston, MA 02115
Blended Pathology Informatics Track
Accepting applications for 2022-2023, beginning July 1, 2020 through October 31, 2020.
Interested applicants should send a completed CAP standardized fellowship application, an up-to-date CV, a copy of their USMLE transcript, a one-page personal statement concerning their interest in Informatics, their interest in the two-year or blended two-year options, three letters of reference (including one from their residency program director or department chief) to:
Veronica E. Klepeis, MD, PhD
Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street, WRN-219
Boston, MA 02114
Graduate Medical Education Program Manager