All fellowship candidates must be ABMS board certified or board eligible before the fellowship start date. This generally means that fellows will have completed a residency in the United States or Canada. If the candidate is a graduate of an international medical school, they must have a valid ECFMG certificate, and international candidates must have a visa (we sponsor both J1 and H1B visas). The candidate must also be eligible for employment in Massachusetts and obtain a Massachusetts medical license prior to starting the fellowship.
The MGH/BWH Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program is sponsored by the Department of Pathology at Massachusetts General Hospital and is open to Physicians in all medical specialties. We are accredited by the ACGME for a total of 6 positions and our program offers two different tracks (for more details see the Curriculum section). Please note that each track has a different application process and different deadlines, as outlined below.
Full 2-year Track
We are currently accepting applications for positions starting on July 1, 2022. This track is open to physicians in all medical specialties.
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
- Interviews: November 1, 2021 – November 12, 2021 (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all interviews will be virtual this year.)
- Notifications: December 2021 (We will be participating in the AMIA-sponsored Clinical Informatics National Match Day in December 2021.)
Applicants interested in the Applied Clinical Informatics Track should apply through ERAS:
Program Name: Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham and Women’s Hospital Program
Specialty: Clinical Informatics (Pathology)*
ACGME ID: 3022430001
*Note: Even though our clinical informatics program is listed under pathology in ERAS, we accept applicants from all primary medical specialties.
Candidates accepted to the Applied Clinical Informatics Track must apply separately to the Harvard School of Public Health Masters in Public Health program or Harvard Department of Biomedical Informatics Master of Biomedical Informatics (MBI) program.
Combined Fellowship Track
We are currently accepting applications for the full clinical informatics year starting on July 1, 2023. This track is only open to pathology-trained physicians.
- Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
- Interviews: October 1, 2021 – October 12, 2021 (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all interviews will be virtual this year.)
- Notifications: October 2021
Applicants interested in the Combined Fellowship program should email the following to Jaclyn Brogna (email@example.com):
- A completed CAP standardized fellowship application (link)
- One-page personal statement describing their interest in informatics
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of USMLE transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation on institutional letter head, dated and signed directly from the recommender (including one from the residency program director or department chief)
- ECFMG Certificate (foreign medical graduates only)
- Copy of MD degree (foreign medical graduates only)
Veronica E. Klepeis, MD, PhD
Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street, WRN 242
Boston, MA 02114
|Graduate Medical Education Program Manager